Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Introducing...Molly

Meet Molly...our new yellow lab! We picked her up Friday night and finally named her late Saturday night. Molly whined and yelped all night on Friday and Zach didn't get much sleep. It was a lot like having a new born baby! She's been doing a lot better since and we only wake up once a night to let her outside. I should say...Zach wakes up once a night to let her outside. (I took care of the baby, which, was a lot harder than the puppy!) Here are some more pictures of Molly:

Molly and her ball to chew on inside

What a smart puppy! She can already fetch!


Isaac loves Molly's kennel...especially opening and closing the door!


Between the time we picked out Molly last Sunday and the time we picked her up on Friday, she got a nasty cut from a scooter falling on her tail. The breeders didn't take her to the vet but cleaned the wound and put some ointment on it. We took Molly to the vet Saturday morning and the vet said the cut should have been stitched! We are now giving Molly an antibiotic and cleaning the wound each day. Last night she chewed off her scab so we had to get an E-collar. Now Molly looks like this:

It is really quite cute and very funny. Molly tries to sniff the ground and ends up toppling over because she catches the collar on the ground! She tries really hard to scratch the collar off but it's on to stay for the next week to 10 days!

One last note: I decided to stop flying under the radar of Zach's Facebook page and I got my own. My sister in-law told me I was "spying" on other people but not allowing them to "spy" on me. So if you have a Facebook page, look me up! (I don't know how to look you up) I will try to not let this new venture deter me from updating everyone on this blog! :)

No comments: