Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Fun!

Yesterday the boys and I went over to Newton for the 4th of July parade.  My oldest brother, Jim, and his family moved back to Newton last weekend & my brother's high school band was marching in the parade.  It was HOT and by far the LONGEST parade I have ever been to!  The parade started at 9:30 and didn't end until well after 11:00!  Good thing it was a morning parade and not an afternoon parade. :)  After the parade ended we headed over to the courthouse to watch Jim play in the community band but we didn't do much listening.  Isaac saw the bounce houses and wanted to go jump.  I had to take him over there because two weeks ago I promised him he could do one and then it got rained out.  Turns out this one was free so YAY!!  My nephew and niece along with Isaac & Caleb jumped for about five minutes.  Caleb was always on the mat, hardly ever actually jumping, but I think he had a good time!  Isaac loved it!  Here are some pics:

Isaac jumping & Caleb on his butt again!

Still trying to stay in the jumping position but finding it difficult!

All four of them jumping together

After the bounce house my mom, my sister in-law, & I were done with the heat and decided it was time to find some food in the air conditioning.  We went to Culver's because the kids meals come with a free scoop of ice cream.  My brother joined us after his band concert and ate my kids ice cream because neither wanted it. :)  


Isaac eating his cone without the ice cream in it.  Caleb wants some too.

Isaac is such a nice big brother because he did share his cone with Caleb.

After Culver's we headed over to my brother's.  I hadn't seen their new house and intended to stay a little while and then head home for naps.  Around 2 we got the slip n slide out and ended up staying for supper.  The boys LOVED the slip n slide but Caleb didn't get the idea of running and sliding so Uncle Jim got him to lay on his belly and then he pushed him down the slide.  That was a fun game for about 20 minutes and then Isaac wanted to be pushed.  Uncle Jim did it once and said enough. :) Isaac is a little heavier than Caleb!

The boys playing at the end of the slip n slide

Three, two, go!  Caleb after getting a push from Uncle Jim

Caleb didn't get a nap yesterday afternoon so he fell asleep at the supper table.  He was trying so hard to keep them open but it just wasn't working.  Our biggest challenge was keeping him from falling on the floor.  Both boys fell asleep on the way home and slept thru until 7:30 this morning.  Tired boys!

Asleep at the table

Headed home to bed

You might be wondering why Zach wasn't with us yesterday.  Zach & my dad began our last (hopefully) remodeling project in our house, the bathroom.  We are going to put a new tub/shower, vanity, flooring, and a few other miscellaneous things in.  We've had the materials for a while but yesterday was the planned start date.  Here are a few pics of the demolition and the beginning of the reconstruct.  I will post more pics as we finish.

End of Day 1, no major damage to fix and ready to put back together

Zach talking to my brother in the basement about the plumbing they are working on.  My dad is wiring the new exhaust fan/light and getting ready to hang it back up.




No comments: