Saturday, April 12, 2008

38 weeks!

We went to the doctor on Tuesday and she couldn't confirm that baby's head was down so we had to have another ultrasound. Unfortunately, we now know that baby is breech and will have to make a decision this week on whether to try to manually turn baby or if we will just schedule a c-section. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'm a little scared because if we have the c-section I will have to have an epidural and I'm afraid of needles. Plus it's major surgery! I'm disappointed because I really wanted to try to have a vaginal birth. But over all, I want our baby to be healthy and to arrive safely. The ultrasound did show baby is healthy, weighing approximately 7 pounds, 8 ounces. That's bigger than Zach or I expected! Baby also has some hair, is practicing breathing on its own, and has shown us it can stick it's tongue out! We have uploaded the picture of baby sticking out the tongue! It's a little hard to see but baby's head is clear to the right. Its head is surrounded by arms, feet, and the umbillical cord.

I also now know why I am so uncomfortable and why my ribs hurt all the time. Baby's hands and feet are right on my rib cage and baby's head is also very close to my ribs. At least I know there is an end in sight and we will have this beautiful baby in our arms very soon. We'll keep you updated on what we find out this week.

Below is my week 38 picture, possibly my last! I look forward to uploading baby pictures very soon!

No comments: