Thursday, February 7, 2013

Our new dishwasher

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks so I will post a couple this morning while I have time...

Our dishwasher broke in October and with the busyness of the holiday season, Zach & I just didn't have time to look for a new one.  Finally, the first weekend in January, after months of doing dishes by hand, we went to Des Moines to purchase a new one.  After a morning of shopping around we found a great deal complete with free installation.  We were thrilled because we could schedule the installation for a weekday and not use any of our weekend up with this project!  However, as we've learned before, no project goes exactly as expected.

When we remodeled a couple of years ago we put down a laminate "floating" floor that went right over our previous floor.  The floor added less than an inch of height but the installers couldn't get the old dishwasher out and we ended up pulling almost the entire floor back up.  The floor snaps together in rows but the contractor started at the dishwasher and worked his way across the room so the entire floor had to come up.  We were thankful for help from my dad on Saturday morning (so much for our weekend!) and within 2 hours we had the floor up.  We lived in chaos for about 48 before the dishwasher was installed on Monday.  Zach & my dad laid the floor again on Tuesday evening.  What a project but I am happy to have my dishwasher back!

Here are some pictures of the project:

Our old dishwasher

Zach & my dad in the process of removing the floor

The new dishwasher installed, floor still out

New dishwasher installed and floor laid again

No comments: