Thursday, August 30, 2012

Preschool

Yesterday was Isaac's first day of preschool.  He was so excited!  He woke up at 7:30 and before 8 o'clock he had asked me 3 times if we could eat lunch and go.  He goes to preschool from 12:00-2:55 PM.  He was dressed with his shoes on and back pack in hand by 8:10 so I had to keep him preoccupied for a couple of hours.  We watched a new Mighty Machines video and then played outside for 2 hours.  Finally it was time for lunch and time to go.  Zach came home early yesterday so he could help me take Isaac to preschool for the first time. 

Isaac ready to go to preschool

Both boys before we left for preschool

When we got to preschool Isaac said goodbye to me at the car.  I couldn't answer him because I was choking back tears.  Not tears of sadness that he was going but tears realizing that my little boy is growing up so fast.  Isaac went right in and started playing like he belonged there.  We said goodbye and left. 

Isaac went right in a started playing

Caleb cried for all of us.  Until that point he was convinced he was also going to preschool with Isaac.  As we walked to the van he kept saying "I play Isaac, I play Isaac."  It was absolutely heart breaking and when he got in the car he put his head down in the seat and cried.  Zach took him to the park to play though & I think that made him feel better.  

Caleb thought he was going to preschool too.  Broken hearted little boy!

Isaac's first day was a success.  We picked him up and he was all smiles from ear to ear!  After preschool we celebrated at Dairy Queen.  Isaac saw a couple of his classmates there and recognized them but didn't know their names.  He has plenty of time to learn names! :)


No comments: