Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It is finished...mostly!

The bathroom project is winding it's way down.  The walls are painted, tub is caulked, new floor installed, toilet back in, vanity is installed, & the mirror is up!  We can officially use it again and we are enjoying it tremendously!  It's amazing how thankful you are for a tub/shower when you've been showering in a 3x3 space for 30 days!  Zach did an awesome job with a little help from my dad & brother.  He will tell you it's not perfect but the things that are not quite perfect can not be detected easily by those who don't know about the imperfections.   It was a learning experience as always but the only way to learn is to try.  Here are a few of the pictures of our new bathroom:

Zach & my dad putting the toilet back in with some supervision from Caleb
Toilet & Vanity back in & working!
A look at our new vanity.  Zach is currently storing his tools in one of those drawers & he  & my dad think I should let him keep them there.  Not happening boys!
Mirror back on the wall & a look at our new shower curtain
Better look at the shower curtain.  We got one of those curtain rods that are curved so it feels even more roomy when you are showering!
New flooring with our new rug
Isaac wanted me to take his picture with Caleb in the new bathroom.  Love my Cyclone boys!
We still need to hang things on the walls & install a cupboard over the toilet but those things will happen when we get time. :)  The important thing is we can shower upstairs & it is so great!

Caleb got a scratch the other night and wouldn't go to bed without a BandAid.  It was late and the night wasn't going very well so I decided to pick my battle & not fight with him.  I did however document it for later laughs of how silly he is.  Here is the picture:

Happy boy with his BandAid on
A couple of weeks ago Zach & I took the kids out to my parents & headed to Ames for a few days away.  We desperately needed it as this summer has been one big event after the other.  It was time to slow down and get reconnected with each other & with God.  We saw some old friends on Thursday night and spent most of Friday, sitting on Central Campus being still & reading.  It was so much fun to be back in the place we met and fell in love.  I miss Ames and found myself longing to live there once again.  Saturday we came home and had a relaxing afternoon watching the Olympics.  The Olympics, by the way, are keeping me up way too late at night! :)  Here are a couple of pics from our time on Central Campus:

Central Campus with the Campanile in the background

Zach relaxing on Central Campus underneath a tree.
We are leaving next Monday to vacation in the Wisconsin Dells.  We are ready for a much need vacation with our little family.  The boys are very excited to play in the waterparks & see the sights.  Hopefully I'll post pics next time!

No comments: