Sunday, May 22, 2011

Caleb's birthday







My baby is turning 1 tomorrow and we had our family party yesterday afternoon to celebrate. Zach's parents & grandparents were here along with my mom & dad and my sister in-law Sarah. My brothers couldn't make it due to busy schedules.




I opened most of Caleb's presents because he was too busy trying to eat the cards or trying to open the presents brought for Isaac. We got lots of clothes for the summer, some books, & a ball for Caleb to play with.






After some lunch we decided to try the birthday cake. Once again, I baked this cake & frosted it and Zach did the decorating. Before going any further I need to tell you that Caleb is still not eating table food because he doesn't like the texture. When I try to feed him something new his response is usually 1) won't open his mouth or push away the food with his hands OR 2) if I get the food into his mouth he typically spits it out or GAGS & THROWS UP!!! So I wasn't expecting him to eat the cake either & my prediction was correct. He definitely played in the cake and wiped it all over his face. It looks like he ate cake but...he didn't. I tried to put some in his mouth with my finger & with a fork but no luck. He wouldn't open up.



We put the cake in front of him & he had no idea what to do



Trying to put a piece in his mouth


He looks like he ate cake but really he just played in it!



We bought Isaac some squirt guns and so tons of fun was had by all, including the grandpas. I'm not sure who liked them more...Isaac or mommy & daddy! The squirt guns came in this backpack that Isaac also loves & wears everywhere!


No comments: